- Manage the SUNY Capital Plan.
- Document required CU, SUCF** and municipal approvals.
- Manage campus capital projects.
- Facilitate SUCF managed projects.
- Partner with CC Facility staff.
- Administer financial resources for the maintenance of state-owned buildings, greenhouses, and grounds, on the Ithaca campus and throughout the state.
- Ensure compliance with the NYS Building Code.
- Issue permits - temporary certificates of occupancies well as certificates of occupancy for all projects managed by Cornell in state owned facilities of the Contract Colleges.
- Support Facilities Inventory Office by providing drafting and specialized space reporting for Contract Colleges Facilities.
** SUCF is the State University Construction Fund. This agency manages design and construction of many state funded projects for SUNY facilities including the Contract Colleges at Cornell.
The Human Ecology Building replaced the North Martha Van Rensselaer Hall, which was condemned due to structural deficiencies and demolished December 2005.